Last modified on 05/11/2020
Information on the Kajeet SmartSpot, a device to provide students with internet access away from school.
Kajeet SmartSpots are "hotspots"(aka wifi) available for student checkout. These devices are part of the 2017 Technology Bond purchase and the intended use is for students with 1:1 devices to be able to checkout through their school library for homework away from school.
The Kajeet SmartSpot makes it easy to provide today's mobile students with safe access to education content. This device is compatible with Chromebook, Netbook, laptop, or tablet and is filtered specifically for school assignment use; inappropriate and non-education content is filtered and cannot be accessed.
Included with Kajeet kit:
- Kajeet SmartSpot
- Carry case or box
- AC charging adapter
- Charging cord
How to turn the Kajeet On and Off
1. Hold the power button located at the top of the Kajeet for 3 seconds, until all lights are blue.
How to connect your device to the Kajeet
- Open your chromebook, computer, tablet, or other Wi-Fi enabled device, select the Kajeet SmartSpot network name from the list of available networks.
- You will find network name on the sticker on the back of your Kajeet. It will look like:
- Alcatel LINKZONE #### or. Ellipsis Jetpack *****
- When prompted for the password, it is a series of letters and/or numbers and can be found on the sticker on the Kajeet, just below the network name.
- Can’t connect to the device?
- Do you have a 3G/4G connection (do you have any bars of connectivity )?
- Are you using the correct password (sticker on the back of the Kajeet)?
- Check Data Usage - kajeet.com/status
- Device not working/having issues?
- Did you try turning it off and back on?
- Educational sites blocked by the filter?
- Running out of allowed data?
Please contact the teacher/staff member who checked out the device to you so that a trouble ticket can be entered.